Choosing the right insecticides
Before purchasing any insecticide, check the label first for:
• Active ingredients and their percentage by weight.
• Sites where insecticide may be used and what not like food area
• Pests targeted
• How big is the coverage area
• How long does it lasts
• How and when to apply
• Signal word defining short-term toxicity to people (DANGER, WARNING, or CAUTION)
• Precautionary statements defining hazards to people, domestic animals, or the environment
• Emergency and first aid measures to take if someone has been exposed
• Before you opt for any insecticide have you consider bio-insecticide or non-toxic alternatives.
READ THIS, IT MAY BE CRITICAL TO YOUR HEALTH!