Go ahead, lick that spoon and get diarrhea.
Updated: Mar 10
You've seen it before. Just as you were about to dig in into that plate of fried rice, you notice a tiny speck of dried leftover food stuck on your spoon. No matter. Just flick it off and enjoy your lovely fried rice.
That night, you're visiting the toilet for the 10th time. The spoon that you put into your mouth was probably contaminated by a lizard, licking it and generously transferring some dreaded salmonella bacteria from their stomach to yours. Naasssttttyyy!
Here's a science lesson -- lizards, like most reptiles, often carry salmonella bacteria, zoonotic parasites and other pathogens in their digestive tracts.
These tiny nasties can cause anything from diarrhea to stomach cramps, vomiting, fever and even blood in your stool. Also, lizards have been endowed by nature with a fantastic sense of smell.
"Reptiles and amphibians often carry Salmonella bacteria in their digestive tracts. Even healthy reptiles and amphibians can carry the bacteria. People can get sick from Salmonella bacteria through contact with reptiles, amphibians, or their environments, including water from their tanks or aquariums." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC.gov)
They are able to sniff out food wherever they are in your home; even those stuck on spoons in your cutlery drawer. But that keen sense of smell can also be their downfall; ironically, by using nature's weapons against them. Mossif3 Lizardfree lizard repellant is one such powerful 'weapon'.
Made from a proprietary mix of natural herbal extracts, Mossif3 Lizardfree works by creating a powerful chemical sensory shield that masks and blocks the lizard's olfactory system that tells them where the food is.
So, if they can't smell food in your house, they won't want to live there – they'll just look for food elsewhere. Mossif3 Lizardfree is not only all-natural, it's safe and non-toxic even to children and, it's fully biodegradable.
All you have to do is place a few sachets of Mossif Lizardfree where lizards are usually found in your home (lizard droppings good indicators) and let them go to work for you for the next 90 days.
That's it. Your home should be lizard-free in no time at all.
Read more articles from us
“I scream at the sight of a lizard, even if it's in a photograph”